Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Progress.

I took the first dose of 200 mg modafinil and was convinced that it wasn't going to work. Then it came to me. Modafinil doesn't make you suddenly interested in math or any such thing that you wouldn't normally be interested in. I found myself browsing the internet (might I add, very efficiently) looking at diagrams for rotary pneumatic actuators. Then it hit me. This compound prevents one from being getting distracted when performing a task. I hadn't realized this earlier because everything felt so natural. Modafinil, not being an amphetamine, has no visual effects that one would attribute to anything other that good concentration. I would like to admit that while my concentration may not be poor, I have a tendency to put off seemingly daunting tasks.

Day 1. 
Kick in time: 10-30 minutes
Time when influence may be felt: 14-18 hours for a 200mg dose
Side effects felt: Discomfort around the eyes (may be attributed to using the computer and other screened devices more than the usual amount of time)
Notes: No increase in intelligence. No visual change in cognitive efficiency (refer to above statement)
*as someone who frequently procrastinates, I felt that i could read something for about 4 hours without being able to convince myself that I needed to take a break. Almost driven to insanity on the first day when being unable to understand the relation of circular velocity vectors in relation to SHM. Obsession over trying to finish something when started. Procrastination usually leads to one effectively convincing them self that a task may not require attention. I was unable to do this when under the influence of the compound.
*dose was taken at 12 noon. The effect lasted until 3 in the morning the next day. Recommended ingestion period of 200 mg dose: 15 hours before intended rest period.

Day 2.
kick in time: decreased to 5 minutes (tablets powered as to increase surface area)
Duration for which influence may be felt: 12 hours
Side effects felt: significantly less discomfort around the eyes (may be caused by reduced dosage or but most probably due to less exposure to devices with bright screens)
Notes: Again no significant increase in cognitive activity as compared to that which would have been experienced had the compound not been taken. *I was able to complete 3 chapters of advanced chemistry and 2 chapters of advanced physics within a 6 hour period with full understanding and full recollection the following day (today) when the compound was not taken. *intensity not reduced when dosage was cut to half. Speculation leads me to believe that this may be due to powdering the compound.
*no "crash" experienced when the compound seemingly lost its effect.

Control: 
IQ - 126
memory retention: average

I will take daily 100 mg doses for the next 4 days. I will post updates for the next 5 days.
-Agron Zala

No comments:

Post a Comment